OSB, OSB board
The OSB is the board with oriented flat particles. It is a tree product, flat pressed three-layer board consisting of rectangular flat particles which under the high pressure and high temperature with use of synthetic resins for bonding are pressed to boards on a hot-rolled way.
Construction board used in environment with moderate moisture in outside and inside, most popular and used in building industry.
The OSB 3 must be absolutely secured against direct impact of water, both during storage and building works. These boards are to be secured with appropriate insulation against unfavourable influence of weather conditions immediately after mounting them in outside of building, on walls and roofs.
The KRONOPOL OSB3 is especially suited for construction of buildings in skeleton technology due to its air moisture resistance.
In addition, the OSBs are suited among other things for:
- I-section beams and structure elements,
- internal and external walls,
- roof panels.
- Kronpol OSB 1 - universal board with no load transfer, suitable for interior applications in dry conditions.
- Kronpol OSB 2 - board with load transfer properties, suitable for applications in dry conditions.
- Kronpol OSB 3 - board with load transfer properties, suitable for indoor and outdoor applications in moderate humidity conditions.
- Kronpol OSB 4 - board designed for transferring high loads in higher humidity conditions.
Depending on the edge finish, three types of boards can be distinguished:
- board with square edges,
- board with tongue-and-groove moulded edges along two sides,
- board with tongue-and-groove moulded edges along four sides.
OSB 3 and OSB 4 board types can also be used for:
- roofing applications under bituminous roof tiles or other roof sheathing types instead of conventional boarding,
- repairs and adaptations,
- construction of stairs, landings and catwalks,
- shuttering concrete platforms or outdoor stairs,
- temporary fencing of construction sites,
- closing building openings such as doors and windows,
- construction of transport cases and pallets,
- construction of racks, stands exhibition displays,
- furniture shelves, store counters, table tops, internal windowsills,
- reinforcing elements in upholstered furniture,
- construction of walls in chalets, cabins and mobile container houses,
- structural interior elements in ships and railway cars.